A tractor-trailer can be more than 70 feet long. Fully loaded, it can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. At highway speeds, a passenger car could easily be flattened by an 18-wheeler. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an Atlanta truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Contact The Champion Firm’s experienced team of truck accident attorneys in Atlanta today. We can outline your legal options in a free case evaluation. There’s no obligation, so you have nothing to lose by scheduling a case review right away.
Common Causes of Large Truck Crashes
Given its massive size and weight, an out-of-control tractor-trailer can cause a tremendous amount of damage. Some common causes of large truck crashes include:
• Distracted driving: Talking on a phone, texting or inputting information into a computer is against federal trucking regulations for truck drivers.
• Following too closely: Tailgating can result in deadly override accidents.
• Speeding: Driving too fast for traffic or weather conditions can lead to serious truck accidents in a congested city like Atlanta.
• Driver fatigue: Truckers often drive long shifts. Although rest breaks are required, sometimes pressure from employers to make early deliveries compels them to break the rules. If an accident occurs, both the trucker and trucking company could be held liable for any damages.
• Driving while impaired: Like all drivers, using alcohol or drugs behind the wheel is illegal.
• Improper loading: A poorly loaded truck can roll over or jackknife if it has to stop suddenly.
The Champion Firm: We Know The Law and Have The Resources You Need
Commercial trucks are subject to special state and federal laws. An experienced Atlanta truck accident lawyer from The Champion Firm understands the complexities of these laws and how they will apply in your large truck crash case. We also have the knowledge and resources necessary to conduct an independent and detailed investigation of the wreck.
The truck company’s insurer will have its team of investigators dispatched to the accident scene immediately. It won’t disclose any evidence that is favorable to you. That’s why you need to retain a legal team as soon as possible. Having a truck accident lawyer to fight for your rights can ensure that you are treated fairly during the claims process.
Contact a truck accident lawyer at The Champion Firm in Atlanta if you or a loved one has been injured in a commercial truck accident. Call or use our online contact form to arrange your free consultation today.