Injured? Get Help from a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney in Norwich, CT

Slip and fall incidents can lead to severe injuries that prevent a victim from living a normal life. These events occur when a person is injured on someone else’s indoor or outdoor premises, and while the effects aren’t always felt immediately, a qualified doctor can make an accurate diagnosis. Read on to learn about the most common types of slip and fall injuries.

Head Injuries

Almost 35% of brain injuries arise from falls, which commonly occur on slick surfaces. While some accidents leave victims with no lasting effects, others may cause TBIs that have lifelong consequences. If someone suffers a head injury, a slip and fall injury attorney in Norwich, CT can help them get the compensation they need to move on with life.

Neck, Spinal Cord and Back Injuries

Injury to the neck, spinal cord or back can cause long-term pain and lead to difficult treatment. Such injuries are typically caused by impact with the ground or an object, and they may include fractured vertebrae and slipped discs. In some instances, a spinal cord injury can lead to paralysis or neurologic impairment.

Pelvic and Hip Fractures

Many slip and fall victims are seniors, who don’t heal as quickly and may endure more pain and suffering after an accident. When a person breaks their pelvis or hip, they may need to stay in a nursing facility or rehab center for a prolonged period. In the most severe cases, a victim may need an artificial hip to return to semi-normal function.

Sprains and Fractures

The abrupt movements involved in slip and fall accidents may cause a victim to suffer a sprain or fracture of the wrist, hand, forearm, ankle, hip, leg, or pelvis. While they are more common in seniors, these injuries may occur in people of any age. These injuries don’t usually cause lasting effects aside from minor discomfort.

Premises owners must maintain their property in a safe, usable condition. If a person is injured in a slip and fall incident on someone else’s property, they should contact a slip and fall injury attorney in Norwich, CT. Call Attorney Stephen M. Reck or visit the website today to schedule a consultation.