If you are going through a divorce or having other family law issues, you may need to hire a lawyer. Here are some signs that indicate you may need legal assistance from a family law attorney in Winnebago County:
1. You and your spouse can’t agree on anything: If you and your soon-to-be-ex are constantly arguing and can’t seem to come to an agreement on the terms of your divorce, it may be time to get legal help. A lawyer can help negotiate a settlement that is fair to both parties.
2. You have complex financial issues: If your divorce involves complex financial issues, such as property division or spousal support, you may need a lawyer to help protect your interests. They can make sure that all of your assets are properly divided and that you receive a fair financial settlement.
3. You have children: If you have children, your divorce will be more complex than if you don’t. A lawyer can help make sure that your rights as a parent are protected and that your children’s best interests are taken into account.
4. Your spouse is representing themselves: If your spouse is representing themselves in the divorce, it may be to your benefit to hire a lawyer. They can even the playing field and make sure that your rights are protected.
5. You’re not sure how to navigate the legal system: The divorce process can be confusing and complicated. If you’re not sure how to proceed or what your rights are, it’s a good idea to consult with a lawyer. The right lawyer can help guide you through the process and make sure that you understand your rights and options.
If any of this resonates, don’t hesitate to contact Crosby & Crosby LLP Attorneys at Law. Visit today to find out how they can help you with your family law case.