When a serious car accident occurs, victims are often left not knowing the proper method of pursuing compensation. Many victims mistakenly believe the insurance company will be there to provide for their needs and offer comfort during the process. Unfortunately, many victims find out the insurance company is not actively working on their side because they are working to protect their own interests. This is why it is important injured victims seek a consultation with an Injury Lawyer after their car accident.
Meeting with an Injury Lawyer allows an injured victim to discuss the details of their car accident so the lawyer can offer insight and determine if the case is a viable one to pursue. If the lawyer agrees to take on the case, a victim can expect them to immediately take over pursuing the insurance company and the defendant. It is important a person knows the reasons they may need to seek the help of a lawyer.
These issues should prompt a person to seek legal help:
* Liability is not crystal clear and the defendant is denying fault
* A victim is having trouble negotiating a settlement from the insurance company
* The insurance adjuster has denied the injury claim
* The insurance adjuster is asking for previous medical records
* The settlement being offered is far less than the monetary damages
* A structured settlement is being offered instead of a lump sum payment
* A victim has serious injuries and large medical bills
* Permanent disability has resulted from the accident
* The other driver has served the injured victim with a lawsuit
If any of these issues are present in a car accident claim, it behooves a person to learn all they can about their rights by meeting with a lawyer. Many of these lawyers offer free consultation appointments and a victim will not be required to pay any fees unless the lawyer helps them win their case.
If you are in need of help with your car accident claim, contact the office of Edwards & Bullard Law. They are a legal team with over twenty-nine years combined experience and they will work to make sure you get a fair outcome. You can also watch video on YouTube channel for more information.