Important Information about Child Support Law in Marion, IA

If you have recently gotten divorced from your partner, you might be eligible for child support if your income is limited or you weren’t working while you were married. A child must be raised by both parents, but if you have taken custody, you can still apply for child support. Child support must be paid by your spouse if your income isn’t enough to cover the costs of raising a child. There are many questions raised about child support law in Marion, IA, especially by people who do not have an understanding of this branch of law. If you have a child to raise and don’t know where you are going to get enough money to do so, you might want to contact a lawyer that specializes in child support cases. Here are some important things that you should know about this branch of law.

Contact an Attorney

When you contact an attorney that specializes in cases associated with child support law, you need to explain your position and the circumstances in which the divorce was taken. Reputable law firms such as Jacobsen, Johnson & Wiezorek PLC work with many clients who would like to apply for child support, but don’t know what steps they are supposed to take. Your attorney will be able to guide you throughout the entire process and help you file the necessary documents to claim child support.

How Is It Calculated?

Child support is determined by a court of law and is calculated based on a variety of factors, including the income of your ex-partner. Your child support attorney will try to claim maximum compensation in order to ease the burden on you and make it easy for you to cover your child’s expenses. You can also connect them on Facebook.