After being charged with driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol or a combination of the two, you might read about the law and feel as if the odds are stacked against you. Not only did you submit to the field sobriety tests that were video recorded, but you also blew a .11 at the station.
DUI Penalties in Illinois
Illinois takes drunk driving seriously. It’s punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a fine of up to $2,500 plus incredibly expensive court costs. That’s just the tip of the iceberg though. You’re facing a mandatory driver’s license suspension, installation of an ignition interlock device if you want to drive during the suspension period and an alcohol education program. Then, there are the consequences on your insurance premiums and possibly even your job. You could even be charged with a felony.
A DUI lawyer in Rockford, IL, at the Crosby Law Firm doesn’t just take your case and go to court and plead you guilty. We don’t operate that way. Every angle of defending a DUI case will be closely examined. Those include whether:
- There was a reasonable basis for the police stopping you.
- Proper procedures were followed in administering your field sobriety tests.
- The breath testing equipment at the police station was properly maintained and calibrated.
- You were advised of your right to refuse breath testing at the station.
- A search warrant was issued for any blood testing.
After being charged with DUI, the prosecution has the burden of proving you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Our DUI lawyer in Rockford, IL, at the Crosby Law Firm will hold the prosecution to that burden. Contact us right away at 815-397-2006 after any DUI arrest.